There is definitely no better way to discover the many delights of Tasmania than in your own car. Here are 10 reasons why taking your own vehicle is the way to go...
- By taking your own car, you won't need to hire one - which means a significant financial saving. It also means you won't need to pay for airport parking, bus, rail or taxi costs.
- It's hassle free! After a relaxing experience on Spirit of Tasmania, the next leg of your exciting journey begins at Devonport - simply start your engine, roll off the ship and begin to explore.
- Forget about traffic - the term 'peak hour' is foreign language in this part of the world. You'll be on your way in no time and the only traffic you'll need to stop for is the array of wildlife.
- Hook up a caravan to your car, or take a campervan, and enjoy the freedom of being able to spend a few nights at one of Tasmania's many caravan and holiday parks, while saving on accommodation.
- Tasmania's many hidden secrets, such as Boat Harbour, the lazy shores of seaside Bridport or a remote spot on the west coast, are destinations only a car can get you to.
- If you own a 4WD, Tasmania is the perfect place to take it. There are dozens of 4WD tracks scattered around the island, many weaving through spectacular rainforest and rugged mountains.
- There are so many wonderful delicacies to bring home and with your own car, it couldn't be easier. Fill the boot with tasty jams, jars of honey and a case or two of fine Tasmanian wine.
- Packing the fishing rods and the golf clubs in the car means you can catch a rainbow trout in the morning then swing a nine iron on an immaculately prepared fairway in the afternoon.
- Being able to pull over and savour the sights is one of the big advantages of taking your own car...think east coast ocean views between St Helens and Orford and a fabulous picnic lunch!
- For families and children, taking your own car is easy and convenient - especially given all the extra luggage you need. Just make sure the cricket set is easy to find...
Best of all, you can take your car from an extra $89* each way. Book now using the panel to the left and make your next holiday a trip to remember.