There is definitely no better way to discover the many delights
of Tasmania than in your own car. Here are 10 reasons why taking
your own vehicle is the way to go...
- By taking your own car, you won't need to hire one - which
means a significant financial saving. It also means you won't need
to pay for airport parking, bus, rail or taxi costs.
- It's hassle free! After a relaxing experience on Spirit of
Tasmania, the next leg of your exciting journey begins at Devonport
- simply start your engine, roll off the ship and begin to
- Forget about traffic - the term 'peak hour' is foreign language
in this part of the world. You'll be on your way in no time and the
only traffic you'll need to stop for is the array of wildlife.
- Hook up a caravan to your car, or take a campervan, and enjoy
the freedom of being able to spend a few nights at one of
Tasmania's many caravan and holiday parks, while saving on
- Tasmania's many hidden secrets, such as Boat Harbour, the lazy
shores of seaside Bridport or a remote spot on the west coast, are
destinations only a car can get you to.
- If you own a 4WD, Tasmania is the perfect place to take it.
There are dozens of 4WD tracks scattered around the island, many
weaving through spectacular rainforest and rugged mountains.
- There are so many wonderful delicacies to bring home and with
your own car, it couldn't be easier. Fill the boot with tasty jams,
jars of honey and a case or two of fine Tasmanian wine.
- Packing the fishing rods and the golf clubs in the car means
you can catch a rainbow trout in the morning then swing a nine iron
on an immaculately prepared fairway in the afternoon.
- Being able to pull over and savour the sights is one of the big
advantages of taking your own car...think east coast ocean views
between St Helens and Orford and a fabulous picnic lunch!
- For families and children, taking your own car is easy and
convenient - especially given all the extra luggage you need. Just
make sure the cricket set is easy to find...
Best of all, you can take your car from an extra $89* each
way. Book now using the panel to the left and make your
next holiday a trip to remember.