Spirit of Tasmania Quay
136 Corio Quay Road, North Geelong VIC 3215
Parking at Spirit of Tasmania Quay
The new terminal has free public parking for visitors and passengers with their vehicles, including caravans and motorhomes, waiting to board the ship. There is also a dedicated passenger drop off/pick up parking area at the front of the terminal.
Transport to / from Spirit of Tasmania Quay
Spirit of Tasmania Quay is located in North Geelong, approximately 70km south-west of Melbourne's CBD.
If you are driving from Melbourne:
- Take State Route 30 to M1
- Use the left lane to take the exit towards Shell Parade/C115
- Keep left, follow signs for C115/Nth Shore
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Shell Parade/C115
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Shell Parade/C115 then follow road as it becomes Seabeach Parade
- Continue Right onto Abery Road
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Corio Quay Rd/C115
- Turn left into Spirit of Tasmania Quay
[Download PDF map and directions]
If you are driving from Geelong:
- Head north on Princes Hwy
- Turn right at the intersection onto Mackey St
- Turn left onto McLeod St and continue on as it veers left
- Turn right onto Corio Quay Road
- Continue on Corio Quay Road until you reach the entry for Spirit of Tasmania Quay Geelong
- Turn right into Spirit of Tasmania Quay
[Download PDF map and direcitons]
If you are driving from southeast Victoria
Take your car on the Sorrento to Queenscliff ferry service to save time and avoid driving through the city. The 40-minute trip across Port Phillip Bay provides convenience, great views, and a relaxing journey. The daily ferry service departs hourly from 7am to 6pm from Sorrento Pier and arrives at Queenscliff Harbour, approximately 37km (about a 40-minute drive) from Spirit of Tasmania Quay.
Visit the Searoad Ferries website for the timetable and pricing.
If you are driving from interstate
- Geelong is accessible via the National Highway.
- If you are driving from New South Wales, take the National Highway M31 to the Princes Hwy A10.
- If you are driving from South Australia, take the National Highway A1 to the Western Hwy A8.
- For exact directions, we recommend using Google Maps.
If you are taking public transport:
There are two train stations close to Spirit of Tasmania Quay. North Shore railway station (1.4km from the terminal) and North Geelong railway station (2km from the terminal). Organising transport from the station to the terminal is recommended. Both stations can be accessed via the V-Line train from Southern Cross Station in Melbourne's CBD. For fares and more information, visit the Public Transport Victoria website. Alternatively, Geelong Railway Station is accessible via taxi or by bus (see below).
We are excited to partner with MyBus Geelong and introduce our new shuttle service offering Spirit of Tasmania passengers transfers between Spirit of Tasmania Quay and the Geelong Railway Station.
Transfer services are also available to/from the Geelong CBD or further afield including Avalon, Bellarine or Surf Coast.
The MyBus shuttle service is available for an introductory price of $15 per person each way. The shuttle caters to 11 passengers per minibus, with an executive option that carries six passengers. The service provides safe and reliable transport complete with a friendly driver.
Bookings are essential and a minimum of 48 hours notice is required. To make a booking, call a MyBus team member on 1300 169 287 during business hours (Mon-Fri, 9.00am-4.30pm), email at email@example.com or visit the MyBus website.
You can also use taxi services to access Spirit of Tasmania Quay. For fares and information, visit the 13Cabs or Silvertop website. For local taxi services within Geelong and the Bellarine, visit Geelong Taxis.
Transport - Spirit of Tasmania Quay to / from Melbourne Airport
Melbourne's Tullamarine Airport is located approximately 80km (about 60mins drive) from Spirit of Tasmania Quay. The airport is also connected to the city by a regular bus service, Skybus, which arrives and departs from the bus terminal at Southern Cross train station. For fares and timetable information, visit the SkyBus website. Alternatively, Gull Bus operates direct between Geelong and Tullamarine. For fares and timetable information, visit the Gull Bus website.
Transport - Spirit of Tasmania Quay to / from Avalon Airport
Avalon Airport is located approximately 19km (about 20mins drive) from Spirit of Tasmania Quay. For those looking to transfer to/from Spirit of Tasmania Quay to Avalon Airport, MyBus offers a transfer service. To make a booking call a MyBus team member on 1300 169 287 during business hours (Mon-Fri, 9.00am-4.30pm), email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the MyBus website. Avalon Airport is also connected to the Melbourne CBD via the Avalon City Express, operated by SkyBus.