Pensioner fares are only applicable to holders of an Australian Pensioner Concession Card, as pictured and issued by Centrelink or Veterans Affairs.
If you book a sailing on a pensioner fare, please have your Australian Pensioner Concession Card ready at time of check in.
The following conditions apply to be entitled to book a pensioner fare:
- The card expiry date must be valid at the time of travel and must be presented upon check-in. Failure to present a valid card will require the pensioner fare to be upgraded to an adult fare with any price difference required to be paid at time of upgrade
- If the Concession Card has a dependant adult named on the card, both persons named on the card are entitled to book a pensioner fare
- The pensioner who is travelling must travel with the card
- Pensioner fares are subject to availability and can only be booked if available. The following exceptions apply regardless of pensioner availability and if when booking online no pensioner fares appear available, please call our Customer Contact Centre on 1800 884 305 for further assistance.
- Recipients of a Totally and Permanently Incapacitated pension (TPI)
- Recipients of Extreme Disablement Adjustment pension (EDA)
Who is NOT entitled to book a pensioner fare?
- Healthcare Card holders are not entitled to the pensioner fare
- Senior Card holders are not entitled to the pensioner fare
- Students who are listed on their parent's Pensioner Concession Card are not eligible for the pensioner fare as they do not have their own CRN number. Students must apply for their own low income card which is equivalent to a Healthcare Card
- Companion Card holders are not entitled to a pensioner fare as it is a service card only (such as use on public transport or entry into attractions)
- Exceptional Circumstances Card holders are not entitled to the pensioner fare
Are carers entitled to book a Pension fare?
A pensioner fare is only offered to a carer meeting the following criteria:
- The person they care for must be a recipient and holder of an Australian Pensioner Concession Card
- The carer must travel on the same booking with the pensioner they care for
- A carer is entitled to the pensioner fare providing they are not a professional carer
- A carer travelling with a TPI pensioner card holder is entitled to the discount