Spirit of Tasmania cares deeply for a variety of community-based causes and initiatives. If you’re interested in lodging a request and believe our company would be a suitable sponsor for your organisation, please submit an online sponsorship application form below.
Spirit of Tasmania is only able to accept sponsorship requests submitted via our online sponsorship application form below.
Please allow three weeks for the Sponsorship Committee to process your request, from the date your request is received.
Your request will be responded to by the Sponsorship Committee who will write to you advising you of the outcome of your request.
What will be sponsored?
The Sponsorship Committee on behalf of the Company will consider sponsorship requests from the following categories:
- Commercial programs
- Environmental opportunities
- Tourism and hospitality opportunities
- Maritime opportunities
- Local Tasmanian initiatives
Sponsorship, if approved, may be provided in the way of discounted travel, free-of-charge travel or financial donations.
What is excluded from sponsorship?
As a general rule, the Sponsorship Committee will not support sponsorships that are detrimental to the Company’s corporate image or not aligned with its brand values and objectives. This may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Political or religious organisations
- Events or programs that exclude or offend minority groups
- Events or organisations associated with gambling, smoking, drinking or drug-related activities
- Programs that are hazardous to the environment or community
- Programs or organisations sponsored by the Company’s competitors
- An individual, small group or team seeking support for personal interests
- Fundraising events or initiatives undertaken by schools, social clubs, sporting teams or individual athletes
Special Events and Discounted Fares
In some cases, sponsorship requests may seek discounted travel assistance for a significant event that will bring visitors to Tasmania or to mainland Australia on board Spirit of Tasmania, for example, a car club or a business conference. Spirit of Tasmania has a dedicated Special Events team that manages many of these types of requests, subject to availability and time of travel. In most cases, Spirit of Tasmania is unable to provide financial contributions in addition to the best available fares being offered and managed via the Special Events team. Special Events enquires can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A special event is defined as a group movement which meets one or all of the following criteria:
- The participants are travelling over a range of sailings
- The participants are booking individually, rather than through a single point of contact
Sponsorship requests application form
Before submitting your application, please ensure you have reviewed the important information outlined above. View our Privacy Statement regarding the personal information we have collected.
Please complete and submit the following form providing and much detail as possible. Incomplete forms with insufficient information will not be accepted.